Myoglobin (In the pipeline)
Myoglobin is a globular protein which functions as the primary oxygen carrier of muscle tissues. It is found solely in skeletal and cardiac muscle, and therefore it may be used to differentiate rhabdomyosarcoma from other soft tissue tumors. Anti-Myoglobin is also utilized to establish rhabdomyoblastic differentiation in other tumors, such as neurogenic sarcomas and malignant mixed mesodermal tumors of the uterus and ovary.
||1:100 - 1:200
- Furlong MA, et al. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2001; 5:199-206.
- Furlong MA, et al. Mod Pathol. 2001; 14:595-603.
- Mukai K, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 1979; 3:373-6.
- Corson JM, et al. Am J Pathol. 1981; 103:384-9.
- Kindblom LG, et al. Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand A. 1982; 90:167-74.
- Brooks JJ, Cancer. 1982; 50:1757-63.
- K ahn HJ, et al. Cancer. 1983; 50:1897-1903.