Smoothelin (In the pipeline)
Smoothelin is a protein found explicitly in the cytoskeletal component of differentiated (contractile) smooth muscle cells, while being absent from myofibroblasts and myoepithelial cells, as well as skeletal and cardiac muscle. Overexpression of smoothelin is characteristic of muscularis propria, and Anti-Smoothelin is often used for distinguishing this condition from muscularis mucosae, which typically stains negative or weakly positive for the smoothelin protein. Anti-Smoothelin is also useful in differentiating benign smooth muscle tumors from malignant smooth muscle tumors.
||1:100 - 1:200
- Kramer J, et al. J Mol Med. 1999; 77:294-8.
- van der Loop FT, et al. J Cell Biol. 1996; 134:401-11.
- Maake C, et al. J Urol. 2006; 175:1152-7.
- Jimenez RE, et al. Adv Anat Pathol. 2000; 7:13-25.
- Kuijpers KA, et al. Eur Urol. 2007; 52:1213-21.
- Paner GP, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009; 33:91-8.
- Paner GP, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010; 34:792-9.
- Council L, et al. Mod Pathol. 2009; 22:639-50.
- Coco DP, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009; 33:1795-801.