Uroplakin III (In the pipeline)
Uroplakin III is a transmembrane protein that is a differentiation product of urothelial cells. Uroplakin III is present on non-neoplastic mammalian urothelium at the luminal plasmalemma of superficial umbrella cells, producing complexes of 16nm particles. Anti-Uroplakin III in useful for recognizing metastatic carcinomas of urothelial origin, as many urothelial carcinomas stain positively, while several non-urothelial carcinomas do not react. Recent studies also suggest that Uroplakin III is an indicator of the malignant potential, rather than the grade of the tumor.
||1:100 - 1:200
- Badalament RA, et al. J Urol. 1990; 144:859–63.
- Hall MC, et al. Urology. 1998; 52 :594–601.
- Logani S, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2003; 27:1434-41.
- Moll R, et al. Am J Pathol. 1995; 147:1383–97.
- Ohtsuka Y, et al. BJU Int. 2006; 97:1322-6.
- Olsburgh J, et al. J Pathol. 2003; 199:41–9.